- New design for text – The body of all articles, pages and posts has been updated to sport a new font: Source Sans Pro by Paul D. Hunt of Adobe. Even the slider captions have a new design for the new font. And to make sure everything looks especially great, I updated the style of all custom text decorations: Footnotes (more on them in a bit), Italic text, Bold text,
Code blocks, links
- And lists
All have a new look and feel. Footnotes were given special treatment and are now powered by bigfoot.js by Chris Sauve so there is a popover with the footnote content instead of the old way of sending you to the bottom of the article and then sending you back up with a click on an arrow. It’s really great and better than before 1.
- New Post Type – Meet Short Posts – marked with a + and act like links, short posts are new kind of posts that are just like links – except they don’t link to anywhere. They are there for when I want to share a few thoughts about an app or something else, but it’s not enough for an article and doesn’t have a place to link to. Starting today, All the new Appdated posts will be short posts instead of links.
- Improved Webclip behavior – The Webclip/webapp feature of the site 2 has been improved and is now following the latest rules set by iOS 7. No more black status bar or an iPhone 4 version of the site on your iPhone 5. Also new is staystandalone.js that keeps you in the webapp instead of opening links in Safari.
- The website is now powered by WordPress instead of Drupal – I moved the site to WordPress to make use of all WordPress has to offer, iOS apps, better 3rd party plugins and better experience overall.
- Writing in Markdown – With WordPress, I also start writing in Markdown, the great syntax by John Gruber, for more easy and powerful writing from my iPhone.
- WooSlider – a better version of FlexSlider by WooThemes.
- More Personal Writing – Starting today, the website will become more personal. Previously, I posted news, without opinions or anything, just news. And now, The website is a personal news website (not a blog), where I’ll be posting the same news with a more personal touch.
- New Post Type – Links – With the Articles becoming more personal, I’m proud to introduce a new type of posts: Links. Links look just like articles, but they don’t tell a story, they are created to share a great post I found online with my opinion of it. Links are marked with ~ in their title.
Sl’s Repository 1.1 – 20.10.2012:
- FlexSlider instead of the jQuery Cycle slider
- An overall more smooth and stable website experience.
Sl’s Repository 1.0 – 06.01.2012:
- Initial Release.